My best half

My best half
Cling to one another

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book of Hebrews

Vicki and I are beginning a study and meditation of the book of Hebrews. The study may move along in herks and jerks but I hope to share some learnings and admonitions we receive along the way. We are not using a study guide, rather we are using resources and references we own. We are excited to explore the book that contains the the "hall of faith." Men and women who acted on the word of God and who did not look back but exemplify what it means to trust and obey (see my previous post on obeying).

Faith does not end when we die!
Heb 11:13  "In faith died all these, not having received the promises, but from afar having seen them, and having been persuaded, and having saluted them, and having confessed that strangers and sojourners they are upon the earth..." 
Rather "the life of faith runs on into the paradise of God" (GC Morgan).
We will continuing "faithing" in eternity and that thought thrills me. God, calling us to obey (an act of faith), is really saying "go ahead, I dare you to believe me, to trust me and see what comes of it!"

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment