My best half

My best half
Cling to one another

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pity

"With pitiless pity He refuses to make peace with any evil thing in my nature, in my habit, in my life." GCM 


This is one blessed  reason life can seem so difficult. Christ, as our friend, is relentless in shining His light of holiness  in us. And as long as we cooperate with Him He will persist in forming me a Christ-like character.


My life may go on hardly, internally wrestling between natures, because I am stubborn, unable or unwilling to let go of that which I am asked.  But I also perceive that as one wrestling match ends another is about to begin. And on it goes for I am being made like Christ through the trial of life experienced day-to-day.

1 comment:

  1. Holiness comes through a humility that allows us to stay in the purifying presence of God. Humility is what allows us to rejoice while in our suffering; and why would we suffer through the trials unless this "holiness" was our hope, the glory of God we seek, the "it's worth it" we pray everyday.

    ReplyDelete